
"A 16-year-old boy got stuck 50 feet down a shaft on the Queensboro Bridge while performing a dangerous stunt he planned to post on TikTok, authorities said Tuesday. First responders rescued the teen, who was suffering from hypothermia, from the narrow shaft on the lower level of the bridge near its Queens entryway about 9 p.m. Monday, FDNY Deputy Chief Nicholas Corrado said."
"It was a very difficult time-consuming rescue that involves high-angle equipment and ropes, Corrado said. But we got to the victim and got him out. It's believed the teen had been stuck in the shaft about three hours before he was rescued. He had climbed down a ladder into the shaft but ended up getting stuck in the narrow passageway, officials said. The teen later admitted he wanted to record his stunt with plans to post it on TikTok, officials said."
A 16-year-old climbed down a ladder into a narrow shaft on the lower level of the Queensboro Bridge and became stuck about 50 feet down. The teen was believed to have been trapped for roughly three hours and was suffering from hypothermia when located. FDNY Deputy Chief Nicholas Corrado said the rescue was very difficult and time-consuming, requiring high-angle equipment and ropes. More than 75 FDNY and EMS members, including FDNY Rescue 1, participated in the operation. Medics transported the teen to New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell, where he was listed in critical but stable condition. The bridge was renamed the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge in 2011.
Read at www.mercurynews.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]