"The identities of the two teens charged, as well as that of the boy who became trapped, were not released by the NYPD. Using ropes and specialty equipment, 75 FDNY members rescued the boy after he fell 50 feet down the inside of one of the bridge's buttresses, Newsday previously reported. He was hospitalized for treatment of hypothermia, Lynbrook Police Chief Brian Paladino previously told Newsday."
"The authorities first learned of the incident about 5:15 p.m. Monday when an anonymous caller said the teen might be hurt, but that his location was unknown, Paladino said. Police then found the teenager's friend who had allegedly recorded the stunt, but left the bridge without calling the authorities. Police drove the friend and his father to the bridge to point out the pillar in which the teen was trapped, Paladino said."
Two teenagers were arrested in connection with a stunt that left a 16-year-old Lynbrook boy trapped inside a pillar of the 59th Street Bridge. A 14-year-old was charged with criminal trespass and reckless endangerment, and a 15-year-old faced a criminal trespass charge. Authorities said the incident involved a recorded social-media stunt; the recording allegedly shows someone in a hole but not the fall. Seventy-five FDNY members rescued the boy after he fell about 50 feet down a bridge buttress. The boy was hospitalized for hypothermia. The teens’ identities were not released, and both were apprehended within the 19th Precinct.
Read at Newsday
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]