Met Police officer dismissed for sexually assaulting female client at beauty clinic
Briefly

Met Police officer dismissed for sexually assaulting female client at beauty clinic
"PC Mark Thomas sexually assaulted one of his female clients during a treatment at his beauty clinic on August 3, 2022. Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Stancombe, Professional Standards, said: PC Thomas' actions were particularly disturbing given his attempts to use the beauty treatment as a cover to commit the offence. This must have been an awful experience for the victim, and I commend them for coming forward. We continue to go above and beyond to rid the organisation of those who corrupt our integrity."
"The panel concluded PC Thomas had breached the standards of professional behaviour in relation to authority, respect and courtesy, and discreditable conduct. He will now be added to the Barred List held by the College of Policing. Those on the list cannot be employed by police, local policing bodies, the Independent Office for Police Conduct or His Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services."
PC Mark Thomas sexually assaulted a female client during a treatment at his beauty clinic on August 3, 2022, while off duty. He was dismissed without notice following a misconduct process. Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Stancombe said Thomas used the beauty treatment as a cover and commended the victim for coming forward. A panel found breaches of professional behaviour regarding authority, respect and courtesy, and discreditable conduct. Thomas will be added to the College of Policing Barred List, preventing employment by policing bodies and related organisations. He had previously received reflective practice for failing to register the clinic as a business interest.
Read at www.standard.co.uk
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]