
"Caruso had been reconsidering whether or not to run, citing a Times article, published Wednesday, that described Mayor Karen Bass' involvement in watering down an after-action report on the Palisades fire. "Rick is incredibly moved by the outpouring of support but reached an earlier decision in a thoughtful process and it stands. He will not be a candidate for mayor," said Mike Murphy, a political consultant for Caruso."
"His decision not to run comes the same day that former Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Austin Beutner bowed out of the race due to the death of his 22-year-old daughter. L.A. County Supervisor Lindsey Horvath was still weighing a decision and said Thursday that she was receiving many calls from labor and business leaders who would support her run. Maryam Zar, founder of the Palisades Recovery Coalition, was also thinking about entering the race."
Rick Caruso has decided not to run for Los Angeles mayor, reaffirming an earlier choice. He briefly reconsidered after controversy over Mayor Karen Bass' involvement in watering down an after-action review of the Palisades fire. Mike Murphy, Caruso's political consultant, said Caruso was moved by support but had reached and stood by his earlier decision. Former LAUSD Superintendent Austin Beutner withdrew following his daughter's death. L.A. County Supervisor Lindsey Horvath and Maryam Zar were considering runs. Current challengers include Spencer Pratt, Rae Huang, and Adam Miller. Candidates must file paperwork by noon Saturday.
Read at Los Angeles Times
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]