
A sustained volley of gunshots was reported near the White House in Washington, DC on Saturday evening. Video shared by a White House correspondent showed gunfire interrupting a live report and the correspondent diving for cover. The FBI director stated the FBI was on the scene supporting the Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds and that updates would follow. Another correspondent reported the White House was on lockdown after approximately 20–30 gunshots. A CBS News producer estimated at least 20 shots were fired, and the Secret Service said it was aware of reports near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW while working to corroborate information with personnel on the ground. More details were expected soon.
"Selina Wang, a White House correspondent for ABC News, shared video on social media of the sound of gunfire interrupting her as she recorded a report on US negotiations with Iran. In the clip, Wang could be seen diving to take cover as what sounded like dozens of gunshots rang out. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room, where we are holding now, Wang added."
"The FBI director, Kash Patel, posted: FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds we will update the public as we're able. Donald Trump said earlier that he was in the Oval Office but has not yet commented on the reported gunfire."
"Julie Tsirkin, an NBC News correspondent, reported that the White House was on lockdown after what sounded like approximately 20-30 gunshots. A CBS News producer also estimated that at least 20 shots had been fired, and the broadcaster reported that the Secret Service said it was aware of reports of shots fired near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW and are working to corroborate the information with personnel on the ground."
Read at www.theguardian.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]