It has been three months since the ceasefire took hold in Gaza. In this time, Israel has predictably refused to comply with its obligations under the deal. It continues to block the negotiated amounts of aid into the Strip. Adequate food, medicine and temporary shelters are not reaching us. The Rafah crossing remains closed and those needing urgent medical evacuations still cannot leave. Israel also continues to bomb us, killing more than 400 people since October 10.
Israeli soldiers have shot and killed two Palestinian men during a raid in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin as the pair attempted to surrender to the military, according to video footage and witness accounts from the scene. Al Jazeera's Nour Odeh said journalists in Jenin reported on Thursday that the two men had pulled their shirts up, showing that they were unarmed before the military ordered them to go back into a building that they had been holed up in.
The White House meeting came after the Israeli military warned Palestinians that the evacuation of Gaza City was "inevitable", as its forces prepare to conquer it. Israeli tanks pushed into a new area of the city overnight, destroying houses and forcing more residents to flee, witnesses said. Thousands of people have already moved because of recent Israeli advances - mostly to other parts of the city, where about a million Palestinians still live.