South Lake Tahoe's ban on short-term rentals is over. What comes next?
Briefly

The El Dorado County Superior Court's recent ruling has overturned a voter-enacted ban on short-term rentals in South Lake Tahoe, previously approved in 2018. The City Council chose not to appeal this ruling and introduced a 45-day moratorium on new rental permits while seeking solutions. Residents had pushed for the ban due to issues related to noise and property damage caused by vacation rentals. However, critics argue that the ban was excessive and detrimental to the local economy, reflecting a divide in community views.
I hope to get this taken care of as soon as we possibly can, South Lake Tahoe Mayor Tamara Wallace told SFGATE in a phone interview on Thursday.
Out of that frustration, South Lake Tahoe voters passed a ban on short-term rentals in all residential neighborhoods, called Measure T.
It's just way too extreme to think that we can eliminate a whole industry from our community without suffering significantly, said a local business owner.
Measure T impacted about 80% of the city's short-term rentals, the Reno Gazette Journal reported in 2018.
Read at SFGATE
[
|
]